May 17, 2014

There's No Specific Topic I Can Base the Title On... (Sorry, I Suck)

    *Well, here's the tricky bit.  I wrote this on Friday but didn't get a chance to finish it so I'm posting it on Saturday.  However, there are several time references in this entry that don't really make sense if read on the weekend and that I'm too lazy to go over and change, so just read this as if today is Friday.  Thank you.*

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  Man, it's a beautiful day!  Okay, so it's really cloudy and a little chilly but, to be honest, that's my favorite kind of weather.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Sunny, humid days drive me nuts because I hate wearing shorts; they're too tight.  (I'm sure the Shorts Boy from Pokemon would hate me.  I'm sorry, but they are NOT comfy or easy to wear.)  Why do guys get the comfortable clothes?  Chicks only get skintight, low-cut crud.  It drives me crazy.
     It's odd how little I always say I have to talk about, yet somehow manage to write an annoyingly lengthy entry.  (Yes, I'm stalling.)  I suppose I might soon stop talking about things that happen and instead discuss various topics, like most other bloggers do.  It seems to work for them.
     I actually had a pretty good day yesterday.  In basketball they actually played real music instead of the REALLY SUCKY RAP (see, Patveli, I'm not referring to all rap now.  Happy?) the boys the teacher puts in charge of the stereo setup usually play.  I knew them all.  (That's how I judge most music.)  In Gaming Club, not only was I one of the first people there (so I got to play a ton), but I rocked their socks off.  All the practice I do with my brother really payed off.  Apparently, though, in Super Smash Bros. 4 they're getting rid of both Ike and Pokemon Trainer, my two favorite characters.  It really shouldn't matter to me since it's only for 3DS and Wii U so I can't play it (or at least not multiplayer), but the fact that they're ditching a popular character like Ike really ticks me off.  Fortunately, I don't think the Gaming Club's planning on changing versions anytime soon, so we're probably okay.
     Later, during IHS Health, the mom of a girl in the class came to give a talk.  If you could call it that.
     The topic was sexual assaults, and for some reason she spent the entire class wandering around handing out candy.  At the end of class she just held out the bowl out for anyone who wanted it.  I grabbed several handfuls of Starbursts and just shoved them in my vest pocket for the walk home.
     Speaking of which, I've been walking home with MC the last couple of weeks.  It's been nice out, and the only day we didn't walk was Wednesday because she wasn't feeling well.  She still isn't actually, but apparently it's just that she can't breathe through her nose, so...wish her well!
     Every time we end up having an in-depth conversation on the Kagerou Project (KagePro).  I started reading the manga online a while ago, but got distracted by Black Butler.  (Speaking of which, I've finally caught up to the online chapters!  I'm really excited for Finny's flashback!!)  Now that I'm done with that, though, MC's having me go through a list of the order in which I have to listen to the songs, read the manga and light novels, etc...it's a bit confusing, but I already know a little of what happens from what she told me and later songs I listened to early just out of curiosity and not knowing what they were.  So that makes it even more confusing.  (... - _ -")
     I now have yet another comic-in-progress.  It's based off of a roleplay I'm currently doing, which is based off of James Patterson's Maximum Ride.  It'll be tricky to pull off, but since I'm fairly good at drawing wings it won't be overly difficult to draw the actual comic.  What I'm worried about is the copyright issues involved.  But that's what I'm always worried about, so it's just part of the daily grind.
     As I believe I've said before, Zane's comic is based off a roleplay I did a long time ago that originated as a Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu fanfic roleplay.  Since the majority of the characters involved have the same names as the original TV show characters I have to change some to make it seem more different.  But of course, I can't change Zane's name, so Nya is now Kenna, Sensei is still Sensei, and I'm working on Cole.  (Kai, Jay, Lloyd, and others never appeared, for some reason.)  Also, someone played their version of Marceline from Adventure Time, but I didn't realize this at the time because I had no interest in the show.  Now though, she's probably going to be Maybelline.  Unfortunately there is also the problem of changing her background, mainly from vampire queen to something with equal effect...?
     Cale, fortunately, is fine as he is.  As is Zane.  I'm not touching him...well, except for the bit about him being a robot.  That actually played a fairly large part in the roleplay, but I've found an alternate plotline.  I'll post chapters here once I start working on it; I've decided to just do the whole thing on my Manga Studio Debut 4.0 program since it has pre-programmed panels you can insert and I suck at drawing straight lines so that'll help.  Also, I don't have to worry about screwing up while inking.  This is the third time I've drawn this comic; the second I did because I had figured out a new drawing style that worked better for the book than my old.  I suppose it's all due to my procrastination.
     Sorry this post is late; I've been fairly busy as of late and haven't had a chance to get on the computer.  The next post will probably be up sometime next Tuesday or Wednesday once I've finished my IHS Lit. project (an art project on the book we were reading, Night by Elie Wiesel.  I'll put it up here once I'm done), so until then, this is G-star signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment