September 4, 2013

Digital Design and Accidental Advertising (The Battle of the Otakus).

     Hello, all.  Well, in my book, it's officially the school year!  Aaaah....  As I'm a freshman, I attended...well, not really an orientation, but I received my Student ID, school picture, and class schedule.  My first class is Geometry, at 8:30 in the morning.  Dag, this is gonna be fun.... ;_;  Originally, I had signed up for a new elective called (insert my school here) Idol.  I was going to learn the basics of stage singing, microphone use, etc., etc., (I'm a relatively amateur singer, by the way,) but instead I was put in something called "History of Rock and Roll" since that's almost all that would fit my schedule, which I think would be more boring than the title implies, especially since I prefer techno. B]  Speaking of techno, I was recently introduced to a couple bands (made by the same person) that specialize in techno, and they're really good.  One, Eleventyseven, can be found on iTunes, but you have to do a little searching for the other one, The Jellyrox.  Comment with a request and your email and I'll send you a link to one of their old songs to download (they don't sell them online anymore, so they're not pirated, no worries)!  Check out Rhett Gedies on Google+ if you like them, he's in (if not the President of) the Jellyrox fan club, and you can get more music and even t-shirts from him!  *ahem*  Sorry, that was off-track.  Anyway, since I never signed up to learn about Elvis's personal life, I switched to "Digital Media Design".  In other words, I get to make blogs like this for grades!!  Awesome, right??  Yeah...um... *goes off and listens to Demons*  Hi.  I thought that might be an appropriate place for a pause.  Miss Cappuccino is currently on a houseboat somewhere, reading a thick book, so since she couldn't go to get her schedule, I'm waiting with bated breath for her return so we can compare classes (we will be attending the same high school)!  Speaking of MC, I'm currently working on some fan art for her and I might post it on here if I can figure out how to color it on Paintshop.  Not that I don't know how, I'm just not very good at it.  At ALL.  I prefer colored pencils, especially these cool watercolor ones MC got me for my birthday.  If you go over them with a wet paintbrush they look like watercolor paints, although I couldn't do that unless I drew my art on watercolor paper, and that stuff's surprisingly expensive...  In any case, it's Death Note fan art with MC cheering for L and myself for Light.  I haven't watched the anime for a while, but I did see a good portion and we just happen to each favor one of the lifelong enemies.  So it's a constant battle of "Light's cooler!" and "L's cuter!".  If you watch Death Note, tell me what you think in the comments below.  Who's better?  Light or L?  You tell us.  See you next week; for now, G-star out.

No comments:

Post a Comment