September 11, 2013

No Giggling, No Texting, No Stereotyping (A Moment of Silence; My First Finished Fan Art)!

     Hello, all.  Before I begin, I would like to have a moment of silence for those who died today in the Twin Towers catastrophe.  I'd like to, but I don't know how to do that in a blog, so...





     I'll count that as a moment of silence.  Alright, let's get to it. 
     Today was my first day of high school, and it was...interesting.  I believe I'm beginning to understand public school "classes": nerd, jock, preppy, geek, emo, loner, goth.  (Not to be prejudice!)  I used to go to a private school, a very small one, so we were all in the same "class"; I thought of us as a family, but everybody else probably thought of as the school montage.  Unlike most of the grades, none of us were even the slightest bit alike, yet we all got along like, well, family.  In high school, though, the "classes" are pretty much defined by the cafeteria tables, which, by the way, were round, not rectangular, contrary to popular belief.  I ended up sitting with two girls I had made acquaintances with, two more who just sort of showed up and yet still knew my name, and one more girl who seemed not to have any friends yet.  I don't know if I've told you this yet, but I absolutely hate being cliché and/or a stereotype.  In other words, I will attempt NOT be anything like anyone you can read about as a character in almost every fiction book in existence.  Which is why, as you may understand, I was agitated by the fact that all my "friends" thus far were girls, making me "one of the giggling girls".  *-*  NO LIKEY.  I try my best to be a tomboy loner!Yeah, I know I seem obsessive, but that kind of thing really bugs me!  So, since I wasn't talking to anyone at the table anyway (too absorbed in the latest volume of Special A) I decided to go hang out in the courtyard.  Not that there was anything really to do there... I just kind of wanted to find MC.  Later I checked my phone (in my backpack in my locker) and found out that she had texted me during lunch to ask where I was. -_-'  I think I need to use my phone more often...no...that would make me one of the cliché constantly digitally connected teenagers.  Hm, this was originally supposed to be about how my day went, but instead it turned into a rant about my animosity of clichés.  Ah, the freedom of rambling.  Thinking back on it, nothing else I did today was particularly interesting...  I got lost.  Quite a few times.  Once I got lost on the way to the same class I got lost to yesterday at the introduction thingy.  In the exact same way; ending up on the other side of the school from where I was supposed to be.  -_-""  I have a feeling this is going to be a long year.  Oh, and an update on the Death Note fan art I was working on for MC; it's done!  I'll post it in this entry.  (Remember, this blog is copyrighted, so no using it for avatars/signatures/backgrounds/character bios, please!  Or anything else!!  Credit for Light and L goes to the respective author.)  Next week I'll post another update on how school's going, and possibly a list of clichés that drive me nuts.  For now, G-star out.


No comments:

Post a Comment