September 18, 2013

Early Arrival, Late Start (Library Love).

     Hello, all.  G-star here, writing from high school!  (At least for this first paragraph.  Not that I separate my blog into paragraphs or anything...)  I promised I'd write you a list of clichés I hate, and I will.  Right now, though, I'm a bit worried, since I accidentally took my classmate's French book in my rush to leave the classroom.  ^-^"  And since that's the only class I have with her, and we have homework tomorrow, I'm going to rush during lunch to see if I can find her...I probably won't, though...  Anyway, I'm having a good time so far, although it's going to be a long year for geometry.  The teacher doesn't really teach us much, just gives us work, and doesn't even correct our work!
***************************
I'm back from school.  Sorry, that was a really bad place to stop, but that can't be helped.  Business class was starting.  ^-^  *gets ice cream and settles in*  Alrighty then.  First things first.  This morning I rode my bike to school for the first time (my middle school was too far away) so I could be a little early and work on a picture I'm drawing.  You know how sometimes in manga there are bonus stories where the characters' genders are switched?  Well, it's like that with all the people I've met so far at high school, and, of course, MC.  I'll see if I can post it here when I'm done, though it won't be colored this time.  Anyway, the first day I decided to be early happened to be a "late start" day (have I mentioned this before?) where school doesn't start until 9:30 so the teachers can have a meeting, and the doors don't open until 8:30 (I think they normally open at 8?).  So I sat outside, fortunately for only about ten minutes, since the IHS students (I don't know why only us, but whatever) were let in early.  I checked out the library, and I think I'm going to have a good year...  They have all the manga I can never find at the big libraries, and their fiction genre is extensive!!!  So I'll be riding my bike to school every day (except when it rains, or, of course, on weekends) so I can get there early and check out a manga.  Yaaay, Inuyasha vol. 3.... ||D  Oh, and I had wasabi peas, pickled lotus root, and candied ginger in literature class.  Don't ask.  Just don't ask.  Here's that list I promised, although since some poster children of clichés I name might be offended, I'll just call them clichés I prefer to avoid being/doing/writing.  Enjoy!  Until next week, G-star out.
      Clichés I avoid being/doing/writing:
  • The teenager who's always on her phone (I really don't care for texting anyway, and I don't have a smartphone so no apps)
  • Wearing layered/poncho tees
  • Writing a main character in a dystopian fiction who's a girl (even though I am right now)
  • Saying "and/so, like" a lot
  • Wearing makeup (mainly because I don't like to...it's annoying, and oily, and easily messed up, and....)
  • Writing a cold, arrogant/nervous, shy glasses character (they're too common)
  • Social networking (it's too addictive)
  • Obsessing over celebrity dating (I just don't see why it's so interesting to complete strangers)
  • Hanging out with a clique constantly (it's much more interesting to get to know different people every day)

No comments:

Post a Comment