August 14, 2013

Little Miss Otaku (Two Amateur Authors).

     Hello, all.  I said I would, and I will...  A POST ALL ABOUT MY ANIME OBSESSION!  Well, and other things to...  Before I ramble for twenty minutes about my favorite characters, however, I'll write a recap of what's happened this week.  First, Miss Cappuccino is spontaneously going on vacation to California tomorrow.  We'll still Skype, though, since she has it on her phone.  And we have a reason to!  We have recently began work on what we call a "Dystopian Fantasy".  I won't say much on it because we don't want the idea taken, but I will say it's the best we've made so far.  We've tried many times to write stories, novels, comics, etc... but we always stopped after making a character and a very vague plot.  But I tell ya, this is gonna be it!!!  I'll tell you how it goes.  We'll work on it over Skype while MC's on vacation and then when she's back.  Now for the meat of the post...  For at least two years I've had an obsession with manga, starting with the children's manga Animal Academy by Hakobune Hakusho and going from there to the young adult section eventually.  My favorite manga are probably Aya Kanno's Otomen, CLAMP's Tsubasa, and Maki Minami's Special A.  The art isn't the best ever for the last one, but it's really funny.  For some reason, I try to avoid most of the more popular anime, probably because I hate clichés, and if I become a Sasuke fan then I'll be a walking cliché!  Stupid clichés...  I'm actually a pretty good artist myself and I've drawn a couple of fan-art pictures and I plan to write a manga once my art improves a little more.  I'll post my fanart after I finish each picture, but only if you remember the copyright, okay?  Yeah.  Anyway, there's this thing about good manga/anime where I become obsessive over one character, (usually a guy,) but only for really good ones.  Maybe because the characters are better developed?  Wow, I thought this post would be better than this.  Since I've used up most of my writing skills today making up Dystopian Fantasy, maybe I'll just write a list...  Oh, and I'm going on a high school youth group coast retreat tomorrow, so that's probably what next week's post will be about.  G-star, signing out.  See you next week!

     My Top Manga/Anime (and which version I prefer)
  1. Lucky Star (Anime)
  2. Ouran Host Club (Anime)
  3. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (Manga)
  4. Otomen (Manga)
  5. Special A (Manga)
  6. xxxHolic (Manga)
  7. Death Note (Anime)
  8. Black Butler (Anime)
  9. Pearl Pink (Manga)
  10. Mamotte!  Lollipop (Manga)
  11. Me and My Brothers (Manga)
  12. Library Wars: Love and War (Manga)
  13. Tsubasa (Manga)
  14. Yotsuba&! (Manga)
  15. Yu-Gi-Oh! (Anime)

No comments:

Post a Comment