December 21, 2013

Mini-Ramble: No Getting Around the Name; It's That Short (Say Hello To Roo).

     Hello, all.  Yes, I know I had promised to post one of the past few days, and I fully intended to, but unfortunately I was inconvenienced both of those days; Thursday I had my brother's school's Christmas program, which I had forgotten about, and yesterday I had to go Christmas shopping.
     Speaking of which, I still need to buy a couple more presents, because even though I've finished off my immediate family, I have too many friends to buy something for all of them without either running out of money, feeling guilty about not getting someone something, or possibly both.  So I'm just going to focus on MC, Patveli, and Stulte (the third member of our "private, unofficial club"), even though I have a couple other people who got me small things whom I'm going to feel extremely guilty about not getting anything.  What can I say?  Oh, I know.  I HATE SHOPPING.  Especially for presents.
     Now then, I had some small things I wanted to talk about.  Firstly, I've heard a lot of studies about how people are more stressed around the holiday season than any other time of year, and I definitely agree.  Last night the rest of my family was freaking out because of an incident involving salsa, some presents, and a $50 poetry book.  I won't go further into detail, but my mom was spazzing, my brother was crying, and my dad was yelling.  Meanwhile, I was standing in the kitchen, feeding the cat, cool as a cucumber.  If I had thought about what was going on a little more, I would've broken down as well, but I tried not to think about it because I am an opposer of stress.  I hate stress because it makes my life harder, so I simply avoid it when possible.
     Now on to another topic.  At the aforementioned Christmas program I saw my friend Roo (yes, that's a nickname) for the first time in...um...I guess two months?  He's the only one of my middle school classmates whom I still keep up with, and while I DO keep up with him, I haven't Skyped him for a while.  He has a backstory, but I won't go into detail right now.  Anyway, he's the one who introduced me to Minecraft.  It was good to see him again face-to-face.
     I had more to talk about, but I'm half-asleep and can't remember any of it, so it'll have to wait...oh!  That's right.  I'm signing up for the school talent show with Patveli.  We're going to do a song, with me singing and him doing bass/guitar.  Of course, our choices are limited because it needs to be a song I can sing, with a bass line he can record and loop, and a cool-sounding guitar bit.  All of this needs to be decided by the end of winter break.  This will be difficult.
     Until Wednesday, when I hopefully remember more of the stuff I had to say, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment