January 16, 2014

The Drama of a High School Talent Show (The Video of Darkness/Chibi Gaming).

     Hello, all.  G-star here, blogging from my dad's iPad.  Have I ever mentioned how annoying digital keyboards are to use?  Anyway, my brother is currently working on a book report on the computer, so I had to resort to this since I'm already a day late posting.  Yay.  In a way, though, I'm glad I forgot yesterday, because a few interesting things have happened since Wednesday, which is more than I can say for the rest of the week.
     Firstly, an update on both that comic I've been "working" on and MC's and my telovelic.  Yeah...that comic...I finally settled on a name, and am currently at work on a sort of teaser picture, but I haven't added a single line to the actual comic for several weeks.  This is because, at the same time, I've been expending all my effort to finish the profile pictures for the telovelic.  I'm honestly not sure why we can't start without the profiles, but it seems to be an unsaid agreement between us.  In any case, I've finished two and a half, with a long way to go.  There's one character whom I really don't understand why she needs a profile.  I mean, she's not even an important character and possesses no defining personality or physical attributes... *shrug*  Just a pain.
     I had a test in my Mechanics class yesterday.  Everyone asks why it's called Mechanics.  Well, it's a science class dealing with states of matter, atoms, and everything else related to the all-essential building blocks of life that don't count as physics and don't involve combining acids to make things explode.  Mechanics.  Who knew.
     Anyway, it's my favorite class so far, and the teacher declared the day before he test that the person (which ended up being several "persons") with the highest score would earn a donut.  Now, you all know about my affinity for sweets (or do you?  Well, you do now), and this was the perfect motivation.  After some...extremely unintense studying and a five-second Bing, I ended up with two wrong answers and one delicious chocolate donut bar.  If she does this more often, I'll ace this class.  In fact, all my teachers should use candy and pastries as rewards for doing well on tests!  I would nominate the school for the Public School of the Year Award, even if it doesn't exist.  It also helped that I actually listened in class, unlike a lot of the boys in my period.  My main classes are so much different than IHS, and now I know just what my parents meant by "the people in this group WANT to be there."
     I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I signed up for the school talent show.  It has a prize and everything, yet only 18 people signed up, for some reason.  Originally, Patveli and I were going to do a team effort but it ended up not working out, so a day before I had to turn in the sign-up sheet I was forced to pick a song in a rush.  Luckily, there was one song that I had originally planned to do on piano and voice, so I just stuck with it.  Practice has had its hardships, including changing keys with only a day remaining to work on it and my voice cracking on the chorus.  But it was well worth it, as today I did my tech rehearsal and caused both the drama club and the choir to call dibs on me.  I have to admit, that was a little odd, but I'm actually considering joining drama club next year.  Anyway, another friend from my IHS group, Greann, is doing stand-up comedy.  He's really funny, and I'm looking forward to hearing his full routine at the show, which, oh joy, is in a week.  I desperately need to practice more.
     I do get a break, though, because over the three-day weekend the HDS (the acronym for the private club I'm a member of) will be filming another video, but just for fun and not as an assignment.  Though I don't see how it's going to be very fun to tape, since it ended up being about depression and, eventually, suicide.  Butterflies and kittens, everybody.  Before I left the Skype call dedicated to deciding the plot, it was just going to be a slightly creepy silent film.  This is what happens when you leave MC and Patveli alone with a world of death and doom to fashion into a movie.  We'll see how this turns out.
     One more thing before my fingers fall off.  My little brother has a Nintendo 3DS and both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.  So we came to an agreement that I can play on the DS, mainly on Pokemon X, but only when he's not home.  Of course, I don't see why I can't play other times as well, especially since he plays basically 24/7, and I'm sure that amount of electronic exposure isn't good for him.  Either way, he was at a Bible study deal last night, so I got to play, and one thing in particular caught my eye: a Naruto Shippiden (chibi version or something similar) demo he had downloaded.  See, ever since I bought an old Naruto fighting Wii game at a used video game booth at the mall, he's become obsessed, but as I mentioned before, younger boys probably shouldn't read it, mostly the first couple of volumes.  I've tried to quell his efforts by telling him it's teen-rated, so he should wait until he's 13 to read it, but he keeps bugging me... *sigh* Woah, that got off-topic fast.  Anyway, the game is so....stinking....CUTE!!!!!  My favorite thing is that I can be Rock Lee, my favorite character.  Too bad it's only a demo....  I've also had plenty of other escapades on Pokemon X, including some extremely aggravating ones, and I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel for those.  Please watch them!
     Agh, my hands are EXHAUSTED.  I need my own laptop, if only to blog from.  Sorry this post was a day late, and look forward to the next one, hopefully with our depressing video attached.  I just visited the library, so now I have a crudload of new manga to read.  This'll be fun.  Until next week (or whenever, at this point), this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment