January 31, 2014

The Adventures of Discount Damsel (Intense Accidental Soulfulness/No Fingers But Still Attractive)!

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  My apologies for not posting the last two days; I was home sick Wednesday and was prevented from touching the computer except for doing homework, and yesterday I spent all my time after school finishing an IHS Literature project called a 'shadow box'.  I typed up all the information I needed this past week and threw the thing together yesterday.  I must've had a much different idea than the rest of the class about what a shadow box was supposed to look like, because everyone else's was more like a diorama than anything, with nearly every box folded or cut in some odd way, while mine was simply covered in bits of writing, with no particular angle to look at it by in order to see everything at once.  The teacher seemed to love it, which is great, but she also talked about all these deep meanings behind the style of the box.  When I told Mom about it later, she said that I should've gone "yeah, yeah, I totally meant to do that," but in reality, all I said was "um...that was an accident....yeah, didn't do that on purpose..." while she went on about how looking at it from all different angles was similar to deception (my topic) and lots of metaphors I didn't really understand.  But apparently it was really deep.
     Fortunately, today I actually have a lot to talk about.  Sometime in December I first saw a trailer for this new Lego movie that's coming out.  I'm personally not to interested in Legos (at least now; I use to play with them all the time as a kid...you know '90s astronaut?  He was my best friend) but this looks like a pretty good movie.  Recently, I've noticed that, instead of using a song that fits the movie, trailers have recent, popular songs.  Every time I go to the library I get a CD; most of the time it's a Now That's What I Call Music CD (with some caution) and it helps me find new bands and music.  Last time the CD I checked out had a track called "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings (sounds like a retro band).  Well, the latest Lego Movie trailers I've seen had that song playing in the background. ?_?  What??  I know that's a relatively older song.  So why do I just now start hearing it, right after I've first heard it???  Really odd...
     Speaking of Legos, the Ninjago series is continuing.  Believe it or not, I love that show, mainly because it's not nearly as cheesy as some other adventure cartoons I could mention... *cough cough Bey cough*  But also because of my favorite character: Zane.  I actually started the series when it first started, about two years ago, and I based one of my first roleplay characters off of him (well, I kind of had to, considering it was a Ninjago roleplay).  After lots of experiences, adventures, and relationships that the original Zane never had, he was way different (and had a last name).  (This is who the Zane in my comic is based on; in fact, the whole series will be written off of his experiences in the roleplay.)  Anyway, I'm completely obsessed over him, and when Pixel appeared in the new series I immediately became possessive and started shouting "NO!  NO, ROBOT LADY, YOU CANNOT HAVE ZANE!  ZANE IS MINE...ALL MIIIINE..."  I believe I might've done the same thing when his fan club appeared in the first series. ^_^"  Heheh.  Can't help it.  I've grown too attached to him over the course of writing him and watching him.  I'm hoping for great things from this continuation.
     Today after school my little brother spontaneously decided to go to Big Lots and shop for useless yet cheap items.  That's the only reason I'm glad Minecraft club was canceled for today.  I finally got my IHS Geography test back after weeks of waiting, and it turned out I aced it.  So I pretended that this was a reward for that.  Therefore I feel justified in buying Lucky Charms, puffy mint candies, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (on DVD).
     My family never really does stuff like this, where we go out to buy simply for the sake of buying -- in other words, a shopping spree -- and it was actually very fun.  Sometimes I go to Goodwill with Dad to find supplies for something or another and we find the weirdest stuff.  This was better.
     While I was looking at $10 headphones with microphones (I was planning to get some so I could make MC videos with Roo, but it turned out the microphones were on the cord, and, understandably, it's difficult to press keys and move a mouse while holding a cord up to your mouth) a customer chatting with one of the employees walked past, and all I heard was "Your mother died?!"  Obviously, I started listening at that point.  The employee was responding to the customer's casual way of saying something and thought that he said his mother had died.  It turned out she had heard him wrong, but it scared me for a sec.  Later, while I was wandering around by the school supplies (I seemed to naturally gravitate there; go, geeks, unite) an elderly man I walked past mumbled something.  I didn't know who he was talking to, so I continued on my merry way, but then he leaned out of the aisle and said "Miss!  Do you know where...oh.  You don't work here."  He almost sounded condescending, like "Why don't you work here?!  I needed an employee!"  '_' "  I don't really understand how he could have mistaken me for an employee.  They all wear this odd black and orange polo shirt as a uniform, and today I wore my favorite t-shirt, a gray All-State shirt I bought at a school garage sale (I had claimed it when I saw it in the gym as they were setting up; it has served me well since, and is very comfortable).  They look nothing alike.  Although I am the same height as one of the female workers I had seen earlier (the one yelling about dead mothers)...
     Later still (we were there for a really long time) I was at the hair supplies section because I needed (and still need, in fact; all they had were hair ties, bobby pins, and leopard-print clips) hair clips (which keep mysteriously disappearing in the wash ',:[ ) and I noticed (this sentence is being continuously filled with parenthetical speech...it's more fun than I would've though) a -- of all things -- Twilight Sparkle Ceramic Detailer.  It said it could "easily create Edward's textured style in seconds!"  PFFFFFT.  I burst out laughing in the middle of the store.  (Fortunately, nearly no one was there or that would've been embarrassing.  Maybe.)  I could just picture all the girls who buy that because they want to look "just like Edward!"  (No offense if you did buy that product; I'm simply sparklephobic.  Sparkling is unvampirely.  No, those aren't words.)
     I also found a Spanish version of the Green Hornet, but that's not as interesting.
     Well, I just spent four hours typing, taking care of my Pokemon eggs, roleplaying, and playing a 300-level computer games, so I'd say this was a pretty fulfilling evening.  Also, I might have time for Mini-Rambles this weekend, because I had tests in three of five periods today, and so received no homework.  Until next time, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment