April 1, 2014

Mini-Ramble: A Lot of Books I Have and Haven't Read.

     Hello, all, G-star here.  I think I may begin posting Mini-Rambles every day during third period; I get the work done fast so I have time to blog, and it would be a lot easier than trying to write a lengthy post on Wednesdays and failing....but they'd be a lot shorter.  What do you think?
     While I'm not exactly a social butterfly at school, I've been having a lot of fun with Google+.  I don't use Facebook or Twitter (besides, I don't have a smartphone) but G+ can, for now at least, fulfill my sharing needs.  I'm subscribed to several different anime fans, one of whom set up an 'anime vote'.  They commented on the post with several different anime and you +1'd your favorite to vote.  I thought this would be fun until I went down the list and realized I'd never even heard of any of them.
     By nature, I avoid popular anime unless I'm forced to watch/read it (by it being the only thing at the library or MC holding me at gunpoint), with the exceptions of Naruto, Bleach, Black Butler, OHSHC, and Fairy Tail.  Other than that, I'm a manga junky, preferring small stuff by authors I've never heard of (like Me and My Brothers from Hari Tokeino, one of my old favorites <3).  Needless to say, after being disappointed by the variety of anime to vote for, I reposted it with my own list.  I doubt anyone will vote, though.
     Does anyone have a good series for me to read?  (Not you, MC.  I know what you're going to say.)  Normally I get several chapter books from the library at a time that might be interesting (or parts of series I'm reading), binge read the twenty manga I got, and then finish maybe half the novels only to return the rest without renewing.  But I had a LOT of reading time over spring break and I'm almost done with the second-to-last book in my library bag.  I just finished the Maze Runner trilogy, tried the Chaos Walking series and couldn't appreciate it, and am one book into the Halo (?) series.  Fantasy would be good....I'm currently rereading the Bartimaeus Trilogy.  If you've got anything, please comment.
     Now that BOB is over, the book club is left with nothing to do.  The members who hadn't ever intended to do BOB and just came for the books are ecstatic, but the rest of us just spend lunch chatting, watching funny Youtube videos, and, in my case, reading freshly checked-out comics.  Speaking of which, the librarian recently received a few new manga series, including the first ten or so volumes of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle~!  Sadly, they're all volumes I've read.... T-T  I may reread them just for the heck of it.
     She also has a new series called Ororon by Hakase Mizuki.  I have no idea what it's about, but it's really tempting....all I can see of it is the yellow cover, yet I desperately want to read it.  With all hope, I'll be able to check it out today at lunch.  I'll write a review as soon as I do!
     Well, that was all mindless gibberish.  Gonen'nasai.  G-star out.

No comments:

Post a Comment