April 30, 2014

Overused Cyborgs (Here Comes the Punk/I NEED That Hat).

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  For once this post is being written when it's supposed to.  What a miracle.
     Before yesterday I didn't really have anything to talk about, but now that I do, let's get started.  I get my braces off tomorrow (woohoo!) and, while it's going to feel weird, I'm looking forward to be able to eat caramels again.  In celebration (and because I've been wanting to do this for a while) I'm going to get a bright blue streak in my bangs.  Mom made a hair appointment next Friday for a cut and dye.  Apparently it's my birthday present.  Happy birthday, me.  Even though it isn't for another month...
     I'm also working on a "web comic" inspired by my recent rereading of the entirety of Megatokyo and introduction to Applegeeks.  I'm still a little lost on the plot, but I have the characters pretty well pinned down and that's really what matters in a piece-by-piece comic that you can make up as you go along.  The main character, as far as I know, is a cyborg.  Robots are overused in web comics so I tried to stay away from that cliche.
     I've had an odd obsession with cyborgs recently.  It probably started with a new Minecraft skin I made last week.  It ended up as a cyborg, and it was pretty cool looking...then I updated it and found out that jackets don't work on any of the newer versions.  Now THAT was frustrating.  All that work, down the drain...
     Speaking of cyborgs, I wanted to find a picture of one to use for my G+ picture, which led to my wanting to make my own, which led to an odd little draw-off with +Akira Akiyama.  Now we're both going to draw a cyborg and see which one people judge as better.  She has a crazy realistic style that I could never live up to, and this thing is going to end up being judged on tastes; if people like stylized comic-style art they'll pick mine, if they're not into comics or anime they'll choose hers.  It's a tense situation.  Not.
     I promised Akira I'd show the picture to her first when I finished it, but as soon as I do that I'll post it here.
     ....and that's basically all I have to say.  What is this?  Has my social life decreased yet again?
     Oh!  Of course.  I've recently found an interesting website called Hogwarts is Here; it's an online version of Hogwarts, complete with classmates and homework (not that I need any more...).  I immediately shared it with MC and we are now dorm mates in Ravenclaw and both taking the Defense of the Dark Arts course.  It just started up a few months ago, so everyone's a first year, despite their age.  It's actually pretty cool.
     I just discovered the cutest ship ever: Percy Weasley + Oliver Wood.  Now, I don't normally support yaoi in any way, but...it just works so well.  They're adorable.  Check it out; I promise there are no dirty pics out there.
     There's a book/show I've been wanting to read/watch for a while that I just started: The Nine Lives of Chloe King.  I got the three-book set from the library, and it's pretty good.  MC keeps insisting it's about her.
      I really want Brian's hat...if only I could knit.  Or even sew.  I should learn.
     Speaking of kitty hats, Fred Gallagher of Megatokyo has one in the Megagear store that Piro and Miho wore sometimes in the comic.  I asked both MC (as mentioned before) and my parents for it, but my mom thought it was a slipper and when my dad saw the ears he quickly said no.  Oh well.   A girl can dream...I might ask Mom to teach me how to sew so I can make my own.  I really do like it.
     And that is all.  Next time I post I'll have my braces off and may have a blue streak in my hair; I'll post a picture if that has happened by then.  Until then, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment