April 14, 2014

Mini-Ramble: My Drawing Methods, Explained.

     ..........
     Hello, all.  G-star here.
     Y'know what?  I think I'm going to ditch the poll idea and just do what I will.  I've only gotten one vote, the one from MC, and it doesn't count.  Besides, I have all sorts of ideas and have already started drawing a background picture.  It's one of my best yet.
     I've also been drawing a picture of a few people for G+...or trying to.  As I mentioned before, I had some trouble with my drawing tablet and so had to stop drawing on the computer for the time being.  But it's all been working out.  Hand-drawn pictures take far less time to finish because 1. I'm not distracted by the internet while working, 2. I can't undo things when inking, and this forces me to continue with what I have, 3. I can be in much more comfortable positions than curled in a ball in an office chair, 4. I can work on it whenever I want, whereas with the computer I can't if brother's on or parents aren't home (this password thing is frustrating), and 5. I can work on it virtually anywhere (depending on what stage I'm in.  I can only color in my room because I have quite an assortment of colored pencils, and none of them are very portable).  Right now I'm still sketching the background picture.  That is, if you can even call it 'sketching'.  I'm a perfectionist by nature, and while most comic artists draw vague outlines and go into detail when inking, I do absolutely everything that will be in the final drawing while still in the 'rough' sketch stage.  It takes longer, but makes me feel safer about my art than putting in the little stuff in ink when I can't change it.
     ...and that's pretty much all I wanted to say.  Until tomorrow, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment