April 4, 2014

Quiz Attack (The Anime Marathon/Club Time)!

     Hello, all.   G-star here.  The business classroom smells like grilled cheese sandwiches.....and it's right before lunch.  Cruel.
     I think Basketball has quickly become my favorite class.  I get to play a sport I actually enjoy, the teacher seems to like me, and one of my best friends is in the class.  I've also found out that there really is such a thing as a 'good' sweat.  The only problem I have is that it's first period....
     I found out from MC about a part of Death Note (an anime I've mentioned before but never finished) where Light loses his memory.  Now, something like this immediately catches my attention because of the implications; there's plenty of room for comedy and goading by other characters about things the amnesiac can't remember.  So now that I've been dragged over brambles back into the show, MC has decided that we're going to have a Death Note marathon over the weekend.  I agreed to this, but only if we could watch the anime I've been watching, Meganebu!  Apparently it's only 12 episodes long (....T-T) and is ridiculously unpopular on animelist.com, but I've always liked obscure manga and anime and this one is right down my alley, even it's not for MC.  It has no real plot, which is what annoys MC the most (just like Lucky Star), but it's my one condition and she'll abide by it.  I'm also going to model for her, since she got an old-timey camera in Arizona (that's where she was all spring break).  We did something similar in middle school with her phone camera and the nearby bike path, and they actually turned out pretty well.  This should be fun.
     We discussed all this last night while Skyping.  We had intended to get some co-op Geography homework done, but when we finished that we immediately became distracted.  I opened quizilla.teennick.com out of boredom (I surf quizzes there when I have nothing else to do on the internet) and read the title of the newest one, "What Jellybelly Flavor Are You?"  MC gasped and ordered me to do the quiz for her.  (She was cleaning her room while we talked and so couldn't access the internet.)  We did this by me reading her the question and then the answers, or, if the list was extensive enough, just let her name one (we did this for color questions).  She ended up getting this odd cherry drink flavor, and I got peach.  While mine suited me fairly well, hers said she was "delicious."
     Mmmmm.  One Miss Cappuccino, please, hold the ketchup.
     After this we continued on to several other quizzes, including (but not limited to) a Disney Villain and a superpower (more like elemental power, though) quiz.  For the villain one MC got the Evil Queen from Snow White (hehe)...and I got Gaston.
     WHA?
     It continuously described me as "narcissistic" and "proud", before ending the result with "congratulations, jerk."  Okay, the jerk was only implied, but still.  I'm not narcissistic!  Okay, maybe just a little, but aren't all bloggers?  I mean, we spend our hours talking about ourselves.  But what else could we write about without extensive research?  Sandwiches?  Video games?  (Admittedly, that is one of my main topics, so I don't talk about myself all the time...)  For the superpower quiz MC got water.  It suits her quite well, I must say.  I, on the other hand, got....DARKNESS.
     Usually quiz writers put a picture in each result to jazz things up a little.  The one for darkness was a little girl in a chair holding a skull.  Um....
     Apparently, if I were a boy, I'd be the coolest guy around, but since I'm a girl I'm constantly being crushed on.  Yeah, yeah, sure....I wish.
     The Chemistry Club had planned an awesome event for today's meeting: the ULTIMATE cola fountain.  They poured five gallons of cheap cola into one of those plastic water cooler containers with a long pipe attached.  A nail near the base would keep the 99 Mentos from falling into the soda until we could reach a safe distance and pull it out with a (long) string.  We did all this in the science courtyard, and there are full-length windows along the two bordering hallways.  A huge crowd gathered in those two hallways, and several people were recording.  Everyone in the courtyard backed away and another member of the club counted down before pulling the string....
     ....and nothing happened.
     The two main members fiddled with it, shaking it, hitting the Mentos off the bottom, shaking the tube to make sure none of them were stuck, even putting salt in it to start the reaction, but still nothing happened.  Everyone slowly trailed off and eventually I had to leave for class.  But it would've been cool....probably....
     Minecraft Club was canceled by the chaperone, AKA my Physics teacher, AKA the Chem Club advisor.  Apparently he didn't get enough sleep last night.  He's nice, but he incessantly ditches club.  We all look forward to it, too, and he doesn't tell us until we're all waiting in front of the computer lab without a ride home.  It's frustrating.
      There is a good side, though.  I got to meet up Bibbidy, who apparently decided to go the meeting that day.  After finding out there was no club today we went to the library.  The librarian recently got in a few new manga series, including Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle~<3  I recommended it to her and finally got Vol. 1 of Ororon.  Looking forward to reading it.
     I had this whole rant about Pokemon Mega-Evolutions prepared, but I think I'll save that for later.  I enjoyed posting once a day, but writing a big, decent one is probably better.  I'll continue posting the daily Mini-Rambles, though, for entertainment purposes.  Until Monday, this is G-star, signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment