April 11, 2014

The Pretty Boy Bible (My Tablet is an Illusion/Saving For Internet).

     Hello, all.  G-star here, and yeah, I know I ditched that promised post about character skeletons, and sorry for it.  But I got distracted, had a short period Wednesday, and a test in class yesterday.  I went to the library yesterday (big, worth it, downtown one, not the school library) and got a crudload of manga in addition to a book I've been wanting to read for several weeks.  (Score!)  ^_^  These include Train+Train vol. 2, Bleach vol. 12, and Kobato vol. 2.  I'm also on vol. 16 of Special A, but I didn't check out the next book....because it's the last one.  T-T  My problem with fiction is that I can't stand it ending.  I have to know what happens to the characters, even after the narrator stops writing about them.  This is why I don't normally do anime marathons and I don't read manga I can get at the library online.  If it's a long series (like Naruto) I'll check out two volumes at a time, but I'll usually alternate between six or seven series, getting the next one volume of each to read until I can next go to the library and get the other series.  (This is usually due to the library not having half the books I'm looking for. =_=)  Usually the reason for me not having an anime spree is the fact that I don't have my own laptop, touch device, or anything with internet.  It's quite frustrating, but I'm saving up to buy a laptop.  Every Christmas my grandparents send me some money in a card, and I save it up little by little until I have a crudload of dollar bills in a 'save' envelope, which is where I am now.  I believe I have approx. $125 right now, and while that's not bad, it's probably not enough to buy a laptop.  Also, MC says that I shouldn't buy a cheap one just because it's all I can afford.  Apparently her old one was always getting viruses, even though she didn't download much.  Much...
     Another series I've been reading from the library is Princess.Princess by Mikiyo Tsuda.  In fact, I have it with me now.  I've been waiting all day for someone to ask what it is so I can say: "This?  This, my friend, is the PRETTY BOY BIBLE."  I shall bide my time...
     I'm considering changing the site.  Like, a LOT.  New background, new color scheme, new everything.  Hey, it's 2014, a year of change.  (Even if I am a few months late.)  I'm not exactly sure why I picked the color scheme I did, it's just that pastels and neon seemed to work with a gray and pastel picture.  *shrug*  But I've been slowly accumulating anime pictures that look like me for avatars on various forums.  I have a ton now, and only a couple of them I've shown on G+, so it would probably be a surprise.  Thing is with the background picture, it has to tile or it won't work because the blog covers up the center.  It's a tad frustrating, but I think I'll try to see if you can move the blog.  It probably won't work.
      I might draw my own picture, actually, to avoid accidentally using a picture from an anime or another blogger, but that would take a lot longer, especially since my electronic drawing pad is screwed up now.  I went to color one of my old pictures and suddenly the shortcuts wouldn't work; I couldn't undo or zoom in nearly as easily, and those are essential.  Not to mention that the eraser (you could turn around the pen and use the back as a digital 'eraser') suddenly did nothing.  The tablet became way more sensitive and it glitches out quite often.  You're probably all wondering "well, why doesn't she just go to settings and fix it?"
     I CAN'T.
     APPARENTLY MY TABLET'S SOFTWARE NO LONGER EXISTS.
     IT MADE ME WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING.
     I got the tablet for Christmas.  It was one of the things on my list, and at the time it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  The thing was awesome, it worked great, and I could draw better by that time so I actually had a reason to use it.  I'll have to ask Dad at some point to take a look at it, but either he's always working or my brother is always on.... *sigh*
     Either way, look forward to some big changes in the near future.  If you like the blog as it is, just tell me and I'll keep it this way, though!  Until next time, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment