March 30, 2014

All I Can Do is Whine On My Blog About Bad Sequels (Finally, a Decent Hobby).

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  I'm sorry this post is so late, but the parents have complete control over my computer access and so I just had to wait.... *sigh*
     I don't exactly have anything to talk about, but I figured I'd stick with what seems to work:


     (This gif, by the way, is courtesy of MC.  She suggested this anime to me, and from the picture she sent me I thought "aw, it looks cute, maybe I'll give it a shot"....before she told me that the main character can make swords with her blood.  Oh, fun. -_-)
     Yesterday my family went to see that new Muppet movie, Muppets: Most Wanted.  You can tell just from the title that they're getting desperate.  And they really are.  The line from the first song in the movie, "and everybody knows that the sequel's never quite as good" pretty much sums up the whole movie.  This is only amplified by the fact that Dr. Honeydew mentions in the same song, that, technically, this is the seventh sequel since the first Muppet feature.  The lyrics are kinda stupid, especially when the humans dramatically pose while singing.  I can't really explain why the movie sucked, it just did.  Maybe because I'm used to much better quality (I've seen all the other Muppet movies, along with a lot of the Muppet Show episodes).  The only things I looked forward to were the periodic interruptions by Sam Eagle and that Interpol guy.  And even then, I couldn't help but wonder, if Sam was taken from his newscaster job during the montage last movie and was with the Muppets the whole time, how does he suddenly have a job at the CIA?  It defies all logic.
     Of course, my opinion of this movie is a bit biased by the fact that, for some reason, plotlines involving people trying to pretend to be other people stress me out.  Don't ask why; I've been like this since elementary school, when I tried to read the Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo series.
     Well, that's it for my useless movie review.  Now for something I'm a bit more enthusiastic about.  I think I've finally found my calling; paper action figures.  You all know I enjoy drawing, but it's stressful as I can't really draw backgrounds or even situations for characters.  All I can draw is people, and occasionally, a cat.  So now, after many failures at comics and drawings, I tried these.  Here's an example:
The only difference is I color mine.  I'll post a couple pictures when I get a chance; I'm pretty proud of them.  ^_^  Out of boredom and with access to cardstock I made a bookend Ciel.  It was really cute, so MC asked me to make a Yuno Gasai figure (from Future Diary), which ended up with a bloody axe and standing on a severed head.  I'm proud of that too.
     Patveli requested that I make cutouts of all the dynasty members, and I'll post pictures of those as soon as I finish them.  They take about an hour each and I almost never screw them up, unlike when I'm drawing a comic or full-on picture.  These will be fun.
    Next year we plan to make copies of the dynasty figures and hide them all around school for a scavenger hunt.  If you find all five, you get a candy bar!  Patveli refuses to do it until next year, though, because "we'll be looked down on if we pull something like this while at the bottom of the totem pole".  This is true; it could end badly if we try this while still freshmen.  So I'm going to be copying and stocking up on candy until next fall.  I'll tell you how it turns out then.
     Well, that was all the interesting anything that's happened recently, so this is the end.  Until next time, this is G-star, signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment