May 27, 2014

DON'T TOUCH MY MC (The Beginning of a Wonderful Thing)!!!

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  Sorry I haven't posted all weekend...actually, I shouldn't be sorry, since I spent the entire time working on the new site.  It's almost done, (except for the fact there are no blog posts...) complete with a computer-drawn background, video of the week (I was lazy and the list function sucked), and a forum+chat room!  (Attached to the site this time; we all know how G-star's High School Forums went [or I do anyway].)  Several interesting things have happened since I last posted (that was Thursday, right?), including (but not limited to) Sock'em, watching two new movies, and a lot of gaming.  The bit about Sock'em is probably shortest, and I'm going to forget it entirely very soon, so let's get it done with.
     On Friday, Wolfy invited me to Sock'em at a local church.  What is Sock'em, you ask?  Well, as the pastor put it, "you put a sock inside another sock and hit people."  We split up into two teams by grade (it was a high school event) and went to different areas of the church to start from.  It's a pretty big church, which made it awesome, along with the fact that (almost) all the lights were off.  Since nearly all my friends are freshmen, I got to hang with them the whole time.  In the first round, I got separated from the others except for MC and then cornered by a group of seniors.  I was hiding around a corner when they got MC, and I immediately ran at them, deserting my hiding spot and shouting "DON'T TOUCH MY [MC]!!!!"
     ...understandably, I was hit too.  But I think I might've taken a few with me!
     Later we did a round where you could come back in after 10 seconds, but if a certain person on your team (the VIP) was hit, your team lost.  My team hid our VIP in a back corner, a dead end, that we could defend easily.  We hid her around a corner where no one could see her unless they stood right next to her and dubbed me the decoy.  They would pretend to protect me and tell me to run, and once the opponent chased us out they would leave that hallway alone and the real VIP would be safe.  We also would run at the opponent shouting at the top of our lungs to try to scare them off.  It was a pretty solid plan, actually...the only problem was we never got to use it.  We tried the "scream and shout" bit on a group we heard coming, but they turned out to be our teammates, and then no one else came.  Well, someone came to tell us that we'd won, and we had just started heading out when we found out that the round was still going.  So we sprinted back and quickly got everything back in place.  Later, someone else told us we won, and no one wanted to check to see if it were true since we had already had a false alert.  But it turned out that we had, and when we headed back to the gym to start the next round the church seemed completely empty...
     There was a small snack bar and I jammed my hoodie pockets with gummy bears to keep me going throughout the game.  (It's a very tiring game.)  Unfortunately, they kept falling out when I ran... ;_;
     And that was that.
     I went to the library on Friday as well.  They didn't have the next volumes for a lot of my current manga, so I began quite a few new series.  Usually the stash of manga I check out lasts me about a week, maybe less depending on the length of the manga.  (For example, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle is fairly short so it doesn' contribute much.  Nevertheless, I am a dedicated reader.)  This time, it's almost gone within four days, despite my checking out not one but two omnibi.  One of these was for a series I've been wanting to read for quite a while called Azumanga Daioh.  It was so cuuute...and the omnibus was for the whole series, so now I'm done with it.  It was addicting, and I stayed up past midnight on Saturday-Sunday reading it.  Too bad there's no more...
     Speaking of manga, I recently caught up to both Kagerou Project and Black Butler.  (KagePro still doesn't make any sense...)  Since I've actually been enjoying reading manga online (something I don't often do), I went to browse an alphabetical list for something new to read.  Almost immediately I discovered something called The Legend of the Sun Knight.  16 chapters, based off a Japanese light novel, and surprisingly good.  It sounds cheesy, and at first, it is, but very quickly it becomes entertaining, suspenseful, and even contains pretty boys, which pretty much tops it off for me.  If you want to read a translation (it's only PG-rated, I promise), you can find one here.  It leads to mangahere.com, my favorite site for reading manga online.  There are ads, but those are impossible to avoid, so don't be put off by those.  It's worth it!
     I spend literally all of yesterday playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  I started a new story mode file with my brother, to only do two-player.  We just finished the level where you meet Ice Climbers and Lucario...we played for over six hours.  This should be fun.
     He desperately wants to do a Let's Play video of it.  When it comes to Youtube videos, we're all talk, no action.  We had intended on making a video of our customized game mode for the Pokemon Trading Card Game, but we never got around to it.  I forced him to promise we'd do it this summer though...
     And that is all.  I thought I'd have more to talk about...I still need to do that entry on my "family friends", though.  I keep putting that off...
     As I said earlier, the website's basically done.  Despite this, though, I'm going to wait until at least my birthday before I publish it.  Why?  Well, I put in my profile that I'm 15 and I'm too lazy to change it a week before my birthday.... *mumble mumble*  Anyhoo, until then, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment