May 22, 2014

I Could be an Idol (Catch the Mimeball/A Mysterious Story)!

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  Sorry, I would've posted earlier, but my parents wouldn't let me on the computer until they got home from brother's baseball game and I cleaned my room, which was TWO HOURS.  (Until they got home, not until I finished.)  As an early birthday present they're giving me the old bedside dresser from the upstairs guest room.  I've been wanting one like that for a while, with drawers and such.  Currently all I have is a little folding table for my stereo, CDs, etc.  I had to clear out the area around it so we could move the dresser in.  I had a ridiculously large stack of drawings, several books I'm not reading, and two huge containers of...Pocky.  Mmm.
     Anyhoo, I've had an exciting couple days.  Yesterday in IHS Literature, we began the drama and Shakespeare unit.  We spent the entirety of the class doing improv skits and playing a game called "mimeball".  We used an imaginary "ball" that could change shape, weight, etc. and passed it around the class, gesturing when we threw or caught it.  For some reason the class took it very, very seriously, even chasing a boy down when he "took" the ball and left the room.  But either way, it was fun...
     For the skits, MC and I paired up and got this bland bit about being late.  Then the teacher handed out scenarios for us to play them in...heheh.  We received "accomplices in a murder".  MC mimed dragging a body, and throughout the script we kept glancing at it and wiggling our eyebrows.  Apparently our subject was quite obvious.
     Today we had Springfest.  You needed money to do several of the events, which the announcer person (I still don't know if he's the principal) conveniently neglected to mention.  Fortunately, I brought five dollars just in case, but I only bought a creamosa that eventually congealed into a cotton-candy-like substance, which, by the way, they were also selling.  There was an inflatable obstacle course along with a jousting ring, but my favorite part was the karaoke.  Yes, KARAOKE.
     Now, I'm not sure if you guys know this since I don't bring it up much, but I LOVE singing.  In fact, as I write this, I'm singing along to one of my favorite tunes.  So, naturally, I signed up as soon as I found out.  I wanted to sing Angels by Owl City, but as hard as they looked, the people running the thing couldn't find a karaoke.  So I ended up singing Fireflies instead, since it's more popular and had a 99% probability of having an instrumental version.  (Yes, I pulled that number out of thin air.)  And so, I sang the most well-known song by my favorite band in the school courtyard in front of probably fifty people or more.  I've done this at the talent show before, but this time I had no time to prepare and had to stand.  (I think I almost fell down once.)  While mostly I'm pretty confident in front of a crowd, I still get a little nervous, and my voice shook a bit.  But overall I'm pretty proud of it.  Smore captured the spectacle on video and I'll post it here just as soon as she emails it to me.  MC couldn't come though...because she's at a Cage the Elephant concert!!!  Apparently it was her belated birthday present (just like my hair) and she left after third period.  She's staying overnight.  Patveli and she both really like Cage the Elephant.  I don't understand it.
     I recently received a postcard announcing the Eagle Scout dubbing of one of my old classmates, Wolfy, on June 1st.  I really want to go, but it's also Patveli's birthday, so I have conflicted interests...in any case, Wolfy texted me tonight asking whether I was coming.  Now, this is where it gets complicated.  He hasn't messaged, emailed, or called me since I first gave him my number.  We have an interesting background, and I would love to discuss it, but I'm hesitant as he may read this at some point, so...maybe I'll do that on the new site.  But I'll keep you updated on Wolfy.
     Speaking of the new site, things are getting complicated there as well.  I found a bit in my blogging guide I didn't see before about keeping your blog design matching with your writing style.  Remember what I said about making it look like stereotypical popular blogs?  Well, those don't match my style at all.  It appears that I'll have to screw around with it to get it looking appropriate but professional.  But guess what!  There was an app that allowed me to connect the site to my Blogger account, therefore allowing me to have a separate page for all my old posts, including, at some point, this one.  So that solves that problem.  Now I just need to figure out how to program in the music...
     For some reason the blog music doesn't work on this computer.  I know it works because I listen to it at school, and it worked on here before, but now it doesn't...?  Oh well.  It's too late to fix it now anyway.
     My birthday's coming up in just a couple weeks (Monday after next) and my parents have been asking me what I want.  I have been denied my own laptop (I was going to label it Ramble Machine u.u,) and the Sad Kitty Hat from the Megagear store, and there's not much else I can think of.  I guess some Paramore albums would be cool...or the whole Otomen series?  Now that would be epic.  But a little hard to find.
     We-ell, it's getting a little late and I still want to play Minecraft.  I have another topic idea about some old family friends ("framily"), but they deserve their own post, so until then, this is G-star, signing off.


No comments:

Post a Comment