May 19, 2014

Welcome to Social Media...We Have Browser Cookies (More Change).

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  I know it's a little early for me to be posting again, but things are just getting interesting.  I've decided to make a new site.
     Now, before all you long-time readers get all up in a tizzy, I'll explain.  Firstly, it's going to have a new name, for several different reasons; despite my self-proclaimed title as anti-social cliche-avoider, I have created a Twitter account, which you can find here.  It was originally meant to advertise the blog and for me to post things that are too short for their own entries, but too long for G+ posts.  So now that I have a link up here, readers will be directed there and then immediately be referenced back here to read the blog.  Evil circular media...
     Every form of G-star I tried was taken, so instead I named myself LaDeeBlog.  And, very slowly, I have taken more of a liking to this pseudonym than G-star....I've been uncomfortable with my blog name ever since I found out that it was short for gangster.  So I guess it makes sense that it's taken so many times on Twitter...
     Also, LaDeeBlog rolls of the tongue and is a lot easier (and catchier) to write in the web search than gstarshighschoolblog (REALLY long), not to mention it gives me a little more room for topics besides high school, which this blog has been avoiding mostly for the last month.  Right now I'm working on the new browser with Wix; the how-to blogging guide I got at Powells had several suggestions for builders to use, (including Blogger, no surprise there,) but they all required some sort of payment to do anything decent, so I disregarded them all.  Also, one of the better possibilities, Tumblr, goes against one of the rules I set for my new blog: the site cannot be connected to any social network (like Google, Tumblr, or Facebook), because it seems a little more professional if it doesn't branch off another site.  I also made it look like my stereotype of popular blogs; a little softer than this one, with a pattern background, not anime, and slightly more curly fonts.  Once it's up, I'm going to stop posting here; as the top post I'll have a link to the new blog.  I probably won't transfer my old posts unless I figure out some way to archive them in order, so new readers can browse the stuff here, along with some of the other stuff I had here no one cared about before, including my forums and some of the websites I had links to on the side.  I hope you guys don't mind, and I think the new site will be a lot better.  Until next time I have something to say, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment