February 28, 2014

Patterson Parallels (The Almost Minecraft Club/Practice Makes Perfectionist)?

     Hello, all.  G-star here, reporting from my school's Almost Minecraft club.  I say 'almost' because, for the last month, Minecraft has not been working on any of the lab computers.  The only reason we haven't changed our name to the general computer club is because, if we did that, we would end up with a bunch of programmers and who knows what else.  It's better knowing that all the people here actually enjoy the game.
     Anyway, one of my friends here (technically, my only friend here) has been teaching me an interesting roleplay game ...that I still don't quite understand.  It has to do with vampires.
     He's the guy who was in my snow day pictures; the blonde named Leroy (or at least nicknamed as such).
     I've been reading two different series lately: James Patterson's Maximum Ride (comic book version; what?  It's great) and his Witch and Wizard.  (Unfortunately, book two is not currently in the library.  It's depressing.  I really like Byron.)  I've discovered some interesting relationships between the two series.  You know the New Order, AKA the center of the entire Witch and Wizard series?  Well, it's actually mentioned near the end of the Maximum Ride series; when the Flock is just about to be 'retired' at the school, one of the scientist explains their entire evil plot, and specifically says "we will bring about a new order".  It's not capitalized, but it's definitely implied that the School actually brings about the government takeover of the N.O.  I find this interesting.
     ...Honestly, I have absolutely nothing else to say.
     Well, I guess I am working a picture for the comic.  It's turning out reeeeaaally well~ It's Zane in the midst of his transformation...I suppose this will only make sense once I finish the comic and/or explain the plot.  Speaking of which, over the weekend I plan to work on that a bit more.  I'm still on the first page, though, and haven't touched it for a month....
      ....
      I think all this side picture practice, however, is increasing my skill.  My feet and hands look a lot better now, not to mention my shading and legs. <3  It's always good to practice.  It's almost living up to my dreams of artful perfection...  I'll post the picture just as soon as I'm done inking it, and while I'm at it I may as well scan that angel picture I've been talking about for months but never put up.  Sorry, guys.
     Well, that really is all I have to say, so I should just stop talking before this gets boring.  Until next time, this is G-star, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment