November 20, 2013

A Ton of Stuff You SHOULDN'T READ (As I Argue With My Conscience).

     Hello, all.  G-star here.
     Even though I tried my hardest not to use up anything I had to talk about, I still don't know what to write.  Nothing interesting has happened the past week aside from a lot of large assignments to do over Thanksgiving break.
     Simply put, I still need a social life.  Help me.  (Help yourself!  Go talk to people!  No wonder MC calls you anti-social.)
     I guess one vaguely relevant thing has happened...whenever I go to the library I check out a few audiobooks to listen to in bed before I go to sleep, and I recently found one interesting-sounding "authorized sequel" to the original Peter Pan story called Peter Pan in Scarlet.  I was a little confused at first because I've read a lot of "Peter and the Starcatchers" books lately and the characters, strangely enough, are completely different.  Anyway, I thought it would be a nice, refreshing return to Wendy, John, Michael, and the Lost Boys and their adventures in Neverland.  NOPE.  As soon as the kids (I guess you could call them that) got there, the book described the creepy fog and stuff all over the island.  Soon one of them found a bunch of mermaid skeletons.  MERMAID.  SKELETONS.  I caught on there that something was off about this so-called "sequel", but, oh, it got even worse from there.  About fifteen minutes later, the whole group got together to observe...of all things....the corpse (well, I guess more like a skeleton at that point) of the ticking crocodile that plagued Hook for all those years.  That's HORRIBLE!!  Immediately afterward they were attacked by man-eating lions, mad bears, and talked to by this guy I'm SURE was a demon.  Needless to say, I turned the audiobook off after that.  Why the heck would that be in the children's section of a library (where I get my audiobooks), much less be read to a bunch of children in a hospital?!  That was the most morbid fairytale I ever heard!  Gosh, that's simply psychotic....  (Why did you tell all that to a general audience that may include children?  Idiot.  Now you'll be sued.)  They can't sue minors.  Can they?  (Well, there was the girl whose cat killed a squirrel.  She was sued.)  Dangit.
     Good, I got that out of my system.  Now, to talk about manga.  Ha!  (Haha...no, I don't know why that's funny either.)  Yesterday I started reading Naruto, for the simple reason of it being the longest series present at my school library.  I really wasn't very interested beforehand because, at risk of sounding biased, I don't like reading popular manga.  (A brother of a friend whom I told this to said there was a name for it...I've forgotten, though.)  If you've been keeping up with my blog you'll understand that I prefer to avoid being cliche, and this will make sense.  If not, go read the rest of my blog.  Now.  Anyway, I'm not allowed to read graphic novels rated Older Teen (16+) for obvious reasons.  (At least I hope they are.  How old do you think I am, 18?)  The thing is, the Asian seem to have a different sense of what's appropriate for different age groups than Americans. (they do, right?  If not, I'm concerned for our nation's ethics system.)  Remember that Korean comic I mentioned I was reading, Very! Very! Sweet?  Well, that's teen-rated, yet has a ton of unnecessary cussing (I think I may have said this before).  Naruto, though without cussing, is dirty in another way.  In the first volume it showed a nearly naked woman.  Needless to say this manga is not recommended for children (especially boys) thirteen or younger.  (Great, now they're all going to want to read it.  Why did you mention this at all?)  I write what I write.  Go away.  In fact, burn it!  Burn it all!!!  (She says as she's reading volume 2.)  That's because it's still...entertaining, though....  Well, that was only in the first volume, and it has a cool plot...I'll update you if it gets any worse, though.  (Hypocrit.)  Interrupter.  Well, I'll see you on Saturday, but until then, G-star out.  (Yeah, go read more of the manga you just told everyone to avoid.  Niiiice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment