November 27, 2013

DON'T TOUCH THE WAAAAAAAALL ("Fitz-Simmons" Liars, Perhaps).

     Hello, all.  G-star here, slightly annoyed (as I have been for quite a while now) at the fact that Blogger doesn't seem to acknowledge that tab = paragraph indent key, along with several other websites.  Nnn.  Blatant disrespect for obvious writing rules like that one on the internet just bug me.  Just like people putting an apostrophe in a possessive "its" on, of all things, a writing website!!!  Not only that, but incorrect uses of "to" and "too".  Gosh, if you're going to write, do it right... (pun not intended.)
     Anyway, after ranting about laws of writing, let's get to the actual subject of this post, which, to be honest, isn't really anything in particular.  The one thing I've been wanting to talk about is something I watched with my parents a few days ago; I walked into the room and they were playing some sort of action movie, so I sat down, interested.  Within five minutes (of movie, not counting commercials) of me getting there, three people died in violent, horrible, extremely morbid deaths.  You know those horror movies where you can see the murderer around the corner, but the character can't, and you're shouting like a madman at the TV, "DON'T GO IN THERE!!!  HE'S RIGHT TH...NOOOOO!!!"  (I probably shouldn't have talked about horror films, now I'm afraid there's a guy with a knife behind me. -_-)  Well, this was the same thing.  The characters were in this office building that kept being struck by lightning while at the same time being chased by this really bad CGI ball of pink electricity, and the buff, handsome, evidently genius main action guy was telling everyone not to touch the walls or railing of the staircase, because if they did, they'd be electrocuted, but it was really tight, and this one lady kept sort of stumbling toward the wall, so you just knew something bad was going to happen, and I was yelling "Stupid!  Stop tripping!  BE CAREFUL MORON!!!"  (Dag, that was a REALLY long sentence.)  ...Then the lady fell down the stairs, got electrocuted, and when another guy, noticing she was still breathing, tried to help her, he died too.  It was HORRID.  At that point my parents gave up on it and when they went to the guide to turn something else on, I noticed the name of the movie was "Ice Twister", and the description said that it was about some scientist guy who somehow puts shards of ice into a tornado.  That had absolutely NOTHING  to do with the movie.  I don't know why they even try.  Oh, remember how I mentioned the "really bad CGI ball of pink electricity"?  Well, I wasn't kidding.  It was pathetic how bad the special effects were.  The ball wobbled around with the camera instead of with the background, so the fact that it was edited in was plain for all to see, not that anyone would want to.
     Speaking of horror, I was watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. again last night.  This one was akin to a scary movie, as it was about a girl the team was keeping in the plane who was being haunted.  This guy with a monkey wrench kept appearing and disappearing before and after beating people up and/or locking them in closets.  He took out the power, but the lights kept flickering, and when the lights would be on you'd see him in a doorway, then they'd flicker and he'd be gone.  It was almost like Slenderman the way he disappeared.
     This doesn't have to do with the ghost guy, but it does have to do with the show.  I believe on one of my "culture updates" (they're beginning to have less to do with manga and more to do with stories in general, so I'm going to call them that instead) I talked about how much I love the fact that Fitz and Simmons seem more like siblings than coworkers.  Well, recently I've noticed a lot of the other characters referring to them as "Fitz-Simmons" like they're one person, and I think that's funny.  That's just me, though, and just because they're my favorite characters. ._.
     I just went web-surfing and discovered that someone made a fan video of the amazing tech duo's origins, appropriately named "Fitz-Simmons".  Apparently they had the idea in May, which I don't understand since the series started this fall.  (What...?)  Anyway, they said they were going to have it out by early summer (again, don't understand the timing) but I did a little searching (when I say a little, I mean five minute's worth) and I couldn't find the video itself anywhere, even though they had a Kickstarter for it and everything.  (*nose randomly explodes*  Guh...sorry, someone must be talking about me.)  Needless to say, it's a little concerning, not to mention disappointing.  (Speaking of noses, mine has been hurting on one side [on the outside] whenever I touch or accidentally press on it.  There's a sort of lump...maybe I was stung by a bee or something, although I think I would've noticed.)  Anyway, I'll see what I can find out about that video, but until Saturday, this is G-star, signing out.

P.S.
Have any of you seen FLCL (Fooly Cooly)?  If so, is it good?  The club I introduced a while back reeeeaaally wants me to watch it.  Apparently they've all seen it several times.  Also, the way this country is going by way of education, I'm a little concerned that most kids my age may not even know what P.S. means.  Put a comment below with the definition if you know, but NO GOOGLING.  Yes, I already know, I just want to know if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment