November 17, 2013

Mini-Ramble: Chapter 1 (A Day Late; My Apologies)


  Hello, all. G-star here, posting the next paragraph a day late. I'm sorry; I was on yesterday, but I spent the whole time filling out a character form for a roleplay (I'm very proud of how he turned out, though, so no regrets). This is unrelated, but I got another question about my "accidental haircut" this morning. A boy in my youth group whom I haven't seen in while had this conversation with me: Boy- "Didn't you use to have long hair?" Me- "Yes..." Boy- "Why'd you get it all cut off?" Me- "Because I wanted to..." Boy- "Are you going to grow it out again?" Me- "No, probably not, I like this style..." Apparently most guys I know thought that my hair looked better longer...or maybe they just got so used to it that now they think someone forced me to cut it all off. I don't understand why, I think my hair looks better now than it did before...anyway, here's the next part of my story.



Chapter 1 -- Sensei


He stared at her blankly for a moment before the woman rapped smartly on his skull.  “Hello?  Anyone home?”  The boy blinked and rubbed his head, then put his fist against his opposite palm, fingers pointing skyward and bent his waist in a traditional Chinese bow.  “Oh, sorry...I’m here to redeem a certificate for one free lesson,” he said, moving back into a casual position and looking around.  “This is the Four Fires Dojo, correct?”  The woman nodded and held out a hand, which the boy stared at blankly.  “You’re good at that, aren’t you?”  The woman asked, and the boy kept staring at her.  “What?”  He said, shrugging.  The woman rolled her eyes and said “Just give it to me.”  Receiving another empty stare, she thrust her hand out further, causing the boy to flinch.  “The signup sheet!  With your information!  Don’t tell me you simply wandered here by accident…”  Realizing what she meant, he hurriedly pulled a folded piece of paper out of his jeans pocket and relinquished it to the woman, who looked it over and nodded in satisfaction.  “Alright, come in.  The lesson starts in a few minutes.”  After opening the door wider, she disappeared inside with the boy following surprisingly promptly behind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment