November 30, 2013

Mini-Ramble: Chapter 1 (Another Kooky Dream/It Was Mine First!)

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  I had another strange dream a couple nights ago; some parts of it were clear as real life, but others I hardly remember, so I'll just say what I can.  From what I gathered, it was about a camp for young superpowered individuals.  I'm really not sure what my power was, but I distinctly remember flying at one point.  I was also wearing my fluffy pink Cheshire Cat hat during most of the dream.  Anyway, the whole place was sort of...well, you know those play structures at McDonalds or Papa's Pizza?  It was kinda like one of those.  The first part of the dream was spent fighting random supervillains.  That part wasn't very clear, but I do recall fighting a guy who kind of looked like a Haunter and another guy who seemed to be wearing a diving suit.  One of the old ones with the big helmet.  (If my writing seems a bit monotone, which even I'm catching, that's because I don't normally post this early in the morning without sugar in my system.  Yes, 11:30 is early for me.)  I saw one of my friends from youth group (a lot of them were there, actually) but for some reason I couldn't remember his name, so I just blushed and turned away.  Next thing I knew I was asleep, and having the oddest dream -- within a dream.  (First time I've had one of those.)  I was some sort of sheep, and I was trying to escape from my captors.  I found two tunnels, one leading down and one leading up, and I got this weird idea in my head of "hey!  I can get away if I go into the one they don't want to follow me into!"  So I went down, and, after falling off a dilapidated minecart track thing into lava, was suddenly transported into this white room with two...erm...I think they were elves.  Anyway, they told me that the choices I had made in my dream-within-a-dream showed whether I was going to Heaven or Hell, and that I was going to Heaven.  That in itself was weird, but then I jolted awake into my other dream (the one with the superheroes), still wearing my cat hat, and suddenly this guy on the bunk above mine was grabbing my head.  Some sort of authority said that we were paired for a project, and that he was being protective, so I tried to smile in gratefulness but in all honesty was just freaking out.  Soon enough we were trying to make tea outside someone's garage from a book of magic.  My "partner" was a taller boy with close-cropped brown hair and wearing a unitard printed with scales.  In a way, he looked like a boy I used to know, and he was, I have to admit, kind of cute.  In any case, the front door of the house belonging to the garage we were next to opened and a boy with horns and dragon wings was pushed out by a teacher, protesting that he didn't know he was a drake, it just happened.  (I find it odd that every relatively clear dream I've had lately involves someone being part-dragon.)  Then these red, smoldering lines traced over the garage door, which bulged out, then went back to normal, glittering.  The snake-scale boy looked at it at awe and said "that was beautiful," to which I responded, for some odd reason, "magic".  Then I woke up.  Odd, isn't it?
     And that was my dream.  Yes, I actually have something relevant to talk about as well.  Yesterday I heard a song called "Chocolate" on the radio (you might've heard it; if not, you should) and it annoyed me beyond belief.  You see, I had found that song for free on iTunes a few months ago and downloaded it, and it was my favorite song for a while.  But then it showed up on the radio and now it's a million other peoples' favorite song!  I need to add to my list of things that bug me "people stealing my favorite songs".  It makes the fact that it's also my favorite song cliche, since a ton of other people like it as well, simply because it's played a lot on the radio.  This happened with another song I found as well, "Wings" by Little Mix, except in a slightly different way.  I was watching TV with my mom (that seems to be the only time I ever watch TV) when this trailer for a blechy-looking R-rated movie came on, and in the background they were playing, of all things, "Wings".  Now whenever I sing that song people will say "oh, that's the song from that movie trailer!"  NO!  I HAD IT FIRST!  MC had this problem too, once.  She found a song called "Pompeii" by Bastille for free on iTunes once (she checks it regularly) and she showed me.  We both loved it, and I think it was MC's favorite song for a good while.  Then, about two months ago, I heard it on the radio and immediately told MC.  I think she was okay with it, but I was ticked.  Yes, I should add that to my "things that bug me" list.  "When I find an obscure song/band that I love, and it's mine, and it's special, AND THEN THEY PLAY IT ON THE RADIO."
     Sorry, I've been rambling on for paragraphs, and you've been waiting to read my story; that is the title of this post, after all.  Here you are.  Enjoy, and I'll see you Wednesday.  For now, G-star out.

Chapter 1 -- Sensei

On the other hand, Brenton, a tall, equally muscular guy whose brown hair could only realistically exist in an anime (Zane thought he used too much gel), looked perpetually angry, and didn’t even bother to shake Zane’s hand.  “Brenton Gilmore,” he mumbled, and walked over to a sandbag, nearly blowing it apart with his first angry blow.  






No comments:

Post a Comment