November 12, 2013

Mini-Ramble: Dreams are Directly Related to Reality (If it's a Nightmare, Get Some Help).

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  I know it's Tuesday, and that normally a Mini-Ramble could wait until tomorrow, (wait, it is Tuesday, right?) but I had the oddest (and most realistic) dream last night, and I wanted to write it down before I forgot.  This is unrelated, but the post title is strange, isn't it?  Gonen'nasai.  I've been reading too much Hayate the Combat Butler lately, and the names of the episodes seem to be based off of popular Japanese sayings, so I thought I'd do something similar with a saying I made up (no, that is not a quote from Plato, I know, it's so deep it's difficult to believe -_-).  Thing is, since I'm not Japanese, for the longest time I had trouble correlating each title with the actual topic of the episode (I had this same problem with Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei), but I think I'm beginning to understand them now.
     (There was something else unrelated I wanted to mention, but I've forgotten....)  Now to the point of this entry; my dream.  It really was the strangest thing; the earliest part I remember was where my dad and I were at the mall (specifically in a clothing store) and this weird guy was pulling out a bunch of clothes for me to try on.  For some reason all the outfits he picked were boys' clothes (but they still looked good on me; I look like a guy anyway, so I guess it just worked), and, even though my dad kept protesting and telling him I was a girl, he kept doing it...  (I went to the movies last night with my dad, so that part makes sense, and I was writing a story yesterday where I was mixed up for a boy, so that makes sense too, but what was with the creepy guy...?  Well, there WAS a similar character in an audiobook I was listening to, so...maybe?...)  Eventually we got away, and the first thing I remember after that was yelling in some guy's face...and I was breathing fire.  (Yeah, like the creepy guy dressing me up like a doll wasn't enough.)  It was actually kinda cool, actually.  Next thing I knew, I had cool scaly wings (still breathing fire here; my guess is I was turning into a dragon girl.  Isn't there a movie like that [Dragonborn]?) and was wearing goggles for some reason (it looked weird with glasses -_-), and I was fighting off Garfield lookalikes with two friends from school, Perk and Lee (nicknames, of course).  Then I was suddenly at my youth group (or somewhere similar), and when I went to say hi to the worship team (still a dragon, by the way), one of the girl singers, the one I'm the least close to, gave me a cold look and sarcastically said "Thanks, Sara," and slammed the door shut (they were meeting in one of the side rooms).  My best guess is she was mad at the fact that I didn't do worship anymore; I tried to protest, telling her that I never got an email, but the door wouldn't open.  I went and cried under a table, and Perk showed up to comfort me.  I woke up sometime around then, but the whole dream I had wings, fire breath, goggles, and, possibly, horns.
     It sounded cooler in my head.
     So now I'm considering doing a comic about that...with the weird guy at the beginning being the cause of me growing wings (not to mention breathing fire).  Hey, it could be fun.  Sorry for wasting your time, but this entry did have one important function: now I can talk more about Perk and Lee, the comedy duo (at least I think so) from my school!  Though I don't know if that was worth three giant paragraphs.  Anyway, until tomorrow, G-star out.

No comments:

Post a Comment