October 31, 2013

Mini-Ramble: I Am the One Hiding Under Your Bed -v- (7r|ck-0|9-|_337ing)

     Hello, all, G-star here, and a happy Halloween to you all.  I don't really know what I'm going to say here, I just wanted to acknowledge the fact that it's all hallows' eve.  The title of this post, by the way, is from the song "This is Halloween", which I'm listening to right now.  (I prefer the version by Panic! At the Disco.)  Most people would just think this is weird, but I felt it appropriate to listen to any and every song I could think of that has the word "monster" in it or is about Halloween.  Those would be "Monster" by Skillet, "Calling All the Monsters" from A.N.T. Farm, the "Addams Family" theme, and, of course, "This is Halloween". 
     I'll see if I can find any more, but for now, what about trick-or-treating?  I know, I'm a freshman in high school, but I'm still planning on going trick-or-treating tonight with an old friend: who remembers Red, whom I went sandboarding with this past summer??  Well, for those who do, she's coming with me tonight (I hate trick-or-treating alone '^').  Every year I get freaked out by all the scary costumes and haunted houses, especially the ones of zombies, which, for future reference, are, in my opinion, the scariest things EVER (write that down; there will be a test).  I wonder how long it takes for people to set up those super-complicated haunted houses in their front yards, garages, etc.?  In that way, Halloween is like Christmas; a time for techies to show of how l33t they are with flashing light displays, simulated haunted houses, and motion-sensor automatons.  Yeah... 7r|ck-0|9-|_337ing!  I like that.  (Can you even read that?)  As soon as I understand programming, I'm making the scariest haunted house ever!  Then they'll pay...they'll all pay...ESPECIALLY YOU, MISS CAPPUCCINO!!!!  (Won't just putting it together scare me half to death? -_-') 
    Speaking of costumes (a little late for that, huh?), I'm being Little (oh, hardy-har) Red Riding Hood.  Originally I was going to be the Cheshire Cat (I was the White Rabbit last year, and I have a striped cat hat and tail), but when I was putting it together I realized it looked like something I would wear normally.  That says something for my fashion sense.  Anyway, I went out to several thrift shops with my mom, and this is what I found: my first pick was an awesome geisha outfit (like the girl Lau always has with him), but it was shot down. u.u  Yeah, it had a relatively short skirt, but it was for a woman and on me it would be longer... *sigh* Anyway, my second pick was an angel, but I couldn't find a good white dress or cool wings.  So, as I had already discovered an awesome red cloak and gloves, I went with my third choice: Red Riding Hood.  And it's not half bad.  I'm wearing the cloak now with a red tee, a simpler version of the costume that I'm wearing to school.  Yes, we're allowed to wear our costumes to school today.  So far I've seen a devil, a nun, an apocalyptic prophet, Olive from Popeye, a Mickey Mouse fanatic, Dorothy, and an evil gnome.  Oh, and then there are the lazy people who just wore cat or rabbit ears (namely MC -.-). 
     Probably the best part of today is the fact that, so far, I have absolutely no homework!  *cheer*  In geometry it's because we have a test tomorrow, in French it's because we had a test today and she let us do the hw when we finished, and...actually, I'm not positive about business, because it's not over yet, and we still may get some.  Hope not...
     Haha...I just wrote a blog longer than my weekly update all about Halloween.  (Stating the obvious.)  It would have been longer had I started talking about the history of the holiday and the religious aspects.  Be grateful I didn't.  What did you dress up as?  Well, in any case, until Saturday, G-star out.  Oh, and remember to check under your bed before you turn out the light.-vv-

P.S.
I just finished the Black Butler series (both seasons one and two) and it was very upsetting.  So this is a dedication picture, as well as for your enjoyment.


P.P.S.
...and this is for MC.






P.P.P.S.
And this one...is all me.  I'm sorry there are so many pictures; I couldn't help it.






No comments:

Post a Comment