October 11, 2013

Mini (Not)-Ramble: Everything's New (Except My Old Story)!

     Hello, all.  G-star here, with a special mini-ramble!  The one club at school I've permanently dedicated myself to so far is the Battle of the Books club.  I just finished reading on of the BOB picks, Every Day by David Levithan, and I just had to write a review for it!  Of course, the part I REALLY want to rant about would be a gigantic spoiler, so I'll just have to fume silently...  Anyway, Every Day is about a.......heshe named A.  A doesn't have his/her own body, but "possesses" someone new every day, all around the same age in in the same area.  While possessing a boy named Justin A meets Justin's girlfriend, Rhiannon, and falls in love with her.  I can't really go further than that, but it's a great book and you should read it!!  Except, it has a really sucky ending....*sigh*  Wow, that was supposed to be most of the entry, but I guess it'll only be about half.  Yes, I have more; two more topics, to be specific.  Firstly, as this is the one I'm less likely to get off on a tangent on, I've been having trouble finding a decent roleplay website.  To quote what I said in my introduction on a recent attempt... "The first one I tried was overly addictive and took the characters/plot way too seriously. The second one (I'm not naming any names here, you'll notice) was extremely active and I had to visit it several times a day (which I can't) just to keep up with one thread. The third one, that I started just a few days ago, has some great stories, but the best ones are pretty much dead. In other words, I make a character but no one responds or okays it."  The new rp I tried recently is making things difficult as well, though this may have something to do with the fact that I never try to join a thread with more than fifteen posts so I can catch up easily.  The thing is, most of the roleplays I find that fit that criteria have so few replies because they died off early on, so no one accepts my character anyway.  It drives me nuts... 
     Next topic: I was looking for a picture I drew of the characters in a comic I had been working on, considering continuing it, when I found the first two pages of a story I wrote last year in school; not as a school project, just in my free time.  I re-read it and was surprised how much better it was than most of my other short stories.  It had even me hooked; and I wrote it!  So I decided to continue the story.  It's based off a roleplay I used to do and means a lot to me.  The thing is, though, that said roleplay was based off a tv show, but it got off-track.  I have to create new names and relationships, but fortunately, some of the characters never showed up and others didn't have the same personalities as the originals, so it probably won't be recognizable.  I'll be posting a paragraph of my book and one book review/suggestion (I read a lot, so I should be able to deal with that) every Saturday from here on out, so please enjoy, and remember, this website is copyrighted to Sara G., A.K.A. me, so don't repost it or claim it as your own...or I'll find you.  I know it's Friday, but I just really wanted to post today. 
     Wow, this was a lot longer than I intended...even longer than a regular post.  There was one more thing I wanted to talk about; something strange happened the other day and it brought an interesting thought to mind.  I'll tell you as soon as I can remember what it was.  For now, G-star out.  See you Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment