October 23, 2013

The Gender Rant/Stories of G-star the HeShe (Forums Are Up!/My "Accidental" Haircut).

     Hello, all.  G-star here.  I got my hair cut short (like, my blog background short [it used to be a bob, like in my Google+ avatar]) last Thursday (was it really only Thursday?  How the time flies).  I think it looks nice, though it takes a bit of hairspray and product to keep it so.  The thing is, I hate hair products of any type, because I think they make my hair greasy.  Soft, natural hair is better.  Anyway, a few minutes ago at my locker, a boy from the gaming club (all we do is play Super Smash Bros. Brawl) came over and noted that I had gotten a haircut.  After that, he immediately inquired "why did you let them cut it that short?"  ||-=-  What do you mean, "why did I let them?"  I ASKED them to... (or more like her) That's the whole point of haircuts, to get the style you want...  Needless to say, I don't think he like my haircut.  Or maybe he thought it made me look too much like a boy.  See, I have a naturally boyish face; my brother's Nintendo3DS took a picture of me and identified me as a young boy. o_o  I've actually been mistaken for a guy several times.  Once, when MC and I went to a movie, I decided to wear a boy tee advertising a school play I had been and a baseball cap (my hair had still been in a bob).  After the movie, when we were waiting for MC's mom to come pick us up, we were screwing around in the arcade (we didn't have any tokens, though).  This older teenage couple came in (this happened sometime this spring), played a few games, then left.  Before they did, though, they gave us their remaining tokens (maybe 8) and told us to have fun.  Later, MC and I laughed about and agreed, that by the way they were acting when they gave us the tokens (their faces cried "oh, that's so cute!") that they had mistaken us for a couple.  Well, I was wearing boys' clothing and all, but I thought it was funny beyond belief.  (Thinking back on it, though, it wasn't that funny, just a little weird.)  MC will probably be a little annoyed by me telling this story, but it was relevant, and, yes, kind of funny.  Also, more recently, (after I decided to start riding my bike to school) something a little similar happened.  I stopped at the corner of this big intersection right by my school, waiting for the light, when this random boy showed up (he was young; maybe middle school age?) and we just started chatting, since the light was taking forever.  Right before it turned green, though, and after the main conversation was over, he awkwardly said "I can't really pin down a gender....you are...?"  I was laughing about it all day.  I suppose it was understandable, though; that day I had been wearing a baggy hoodie I got in DC, and my hair had been short enough to pass for a boys'.  I still think it was funny, though, how, after a few minutes of chatting, he couldn't tell whether I was a guy or a girl.
     ...I just spent half the blog talking about my gender.  That was not intentional, I promise.  The haircut deal was originally going to be just a passing comment, but I guess I got more into it than I had meant to.  Now, to what you've all been waiting for: the forums are done!  (You have been waiting for that, right?)  I'll put up the page and link right after I'm done with this.  I hope you enjoy the various roleplays and chat areas!  Until Saturday, this is G-star, signing off.

*I'm sorry!!  Something screwed up and the majority of the blog was turned into coding!!  This entry will be a little late, as will the forum page.  Gonen'nasai.*

No comments:

Post a Comment